Select an article on a controversial public policy issue from a major publication such as the New York Times, the Washington Post, or another periodical or newspaper. (avoid, for example, politically-motivated sources, cable news, your uncle’s Facebook feedback) Ask these questions of the author of the article, being careful to provide “in text” evidence to support your analysis:
Does the author place the issue in a broad context? How?
Does the author suffer from tunnel vision?
Does the author discount or ignore other perspectives on the issue?
Does the author propose a creative solution to the issue?
Does the author address the issue comprehensively?
How might an interdisciplinary approach improve the author’s treatment of the issue?
The student will develop an electronic classroom management communication system using Class Dojo (Preferred) or a similar web 2.0 tool to keep parents informed of their child’s daily behavior and progress. Class Dojo tutorial:
The classroom must have 20-25 students. You must provide a screenshot image of your class.
The student will write a two p, double-spaced p reviewing the effectiveness of the tool and how this will serve as proactive classroom management. How would you integrate this into your future classroom setting?
Please include a screenshot of your class home page.
The following FEAP needs to be met :2.C. Conveys high expectations to all students
1. Qualitative research tends to use small samples to examine a problem instead of using large samples as in quantitative research. With fewer people in the sample, it is important for the participants to be information-rich informants. With that in mind, consider the strengths and weaknesses of purposeful, convenience, and random sampling approaches in qualitative research. Then, assume you are an automobile manufacturing executive tasked with increasing sales in your state. You wish to do a qualitative study to obtain the perspective of sales personnel regarding an incentive program you implemented at a few dealerships that quantitatively proved to be successful. What sampling approach would you use to identify and select the 12-15 information-rich personnel from the target population? What eligibility criteria would you use in addition to being sales personnel in a dealership of this manufacturer in the given state? What logistic difficulties would you anticipate in drawing your sample? Explain your answers.
2. Assume you wish to study the influence of high school principals’ leadership styles and academic achievement in their schools in your state. How would you sample 12-15 potential participants for a single case study using convenience sampling and purposeful sampling? What factors would make you choose one approach over the other? Why? What logistic difficulties could you expect in drawing the sample?
Welcome to class! In this first week of SPE/300, we examine the history and legal foundations of special education. It is important for all educators to possess a basic understanding of the history and legal principles specific to special education to ensure a quality educational experience for all.
Respond to the following three questions:
What are 2 major laws or policies that influenced special education the most, and why?
Why do you think it’s important for all educators to know these laws and policies?
Review the College’s Conceptual Framework and answer the question.
How does this topic link to the College’s Conceptual Framework and the framework’s philosophical relationship to effective teacher preparation?
Consider the following scenario: You are the safety manager for a team that is working to complete a 10-story addition to a hospital. The framework of the addition will be steel and concrete. The floors will be formed and poured with reinforced concrete on metal decking. The outside will require brick and glass window installation and installation of a standing seam metal roof. The interior will consist of metal stud framing with drywall and tile floors. The building will be centrally cooled and heated with a heating, ventilation, and air condition (HVAC) mechanical system, and it will need a new electrical supply source.
The electrical rooms will be located in the southeast corner of each floor near the stairwell. Plumbing and fire suppression systems must be installed. There will be a bank of elevators in the main entrance/northside center and a service elevator in the back/southside center. There is suspected asbestos in the flooring and piping where the new addition connects to the existing structure. A new entrance must be constructed off the side street/northside, with a driveway, sidewalks, drainage, lighting, and landscaping installed.
You must complete a site-specific safety program (SSSP) for the project. You can use this SSSP template , or you may create one of your own.
Please view attachment
Please look at both attachments for directions and No Plagiarism. The PowerPoint is for reading purposes.
Here are questions for you to be thinking about before we begin our conversation this week. Get started by jotting down your initial answer below and reading what others have written. Then make constructive comments on at least two other posts. Finally, once you’ve ready everyone’s posts and looked through responses, discuss how you might amend your initial answer on further reflection.
Why does Illich find the American volunteers’ “work” in Mexico offensive?
What do you think of Illich’s claim that “there is no way for you to really meet with the underprivileged, since there is no common ground whatsoever for you to meet on”? Do you agree that there is no common ground ?
Do you agree with Illich’s claim that we should take responsibility for what is happening in American communities before we take responsibility for the greater world?
Why does Illich repeatedly refer to the volunteers’ work as a “vacation”?
How do we serve people if we cannot communicate in the same language as them? Is this possible?
Do volunteers serve primarily to receive?
How can volunteers be trained to serve? What should this training entail? https://deltastate.instructure.com/courses/38929/files/5807924?verifier=TxGNAJGeqln3zXtkQ28xtDOmWxYRDV4q4v7jv6ev&wrap=1
The topic is called Recommendations for Solving Low Rates of College Readiness at James Monroe High School, West Virginia
The website for the book is called vitalsource.com and the book you will use to make what the outline should look like is called A Step By Step Guide to writing a Literature Review for Doctoral Research and what the outline should look like is on the first page of chapter 13 and follow the advanced part of the grading rubric.
The login is email@example.com and the password is Mikey2011!
You are the Principal of the school mentioned in the article above. Please publish a letter to send home to parents. How will you make them feel like your school is safe? How transparent will you be?
1. I need someone to help me discuss three racial, ethnic, cultural or religious minority group in the Us.
2. I need someone to help me compare and contrast detail, at least two types of pluralism.
3. I need someone to also help me discuss one current event through an intersectional lens.